Quill & Mouse Studios, Inc.
Mailing List Requirements
You have several options for sending us your mailing list. When working
with a local computer person, you can give them this sheet to let them
know what kind of mailing list formats we can take. If you donít have
a local computer person working for you, we can generally help you create
your list. Weíve worked with many offices and a variety of software programs,
and should be able to help you too.
Mailing list formats we can take:
1) Comma-delimited, which looks like this:
2) Comma/quote delimited, which looks like this:
3) Tab delimited, which may look like this (note that you canít actually
see the tabs):
Joe Jones 123 Anystreet Anycity
4) dBase/FoxPro/Clipper format. You canít view this format except with
a copy of dBase, FoxPro or Clipper. It is a commonly used database format.
5) Label format, which looks like this:
Anycity, Anystate 10000
Anycity, Anystate 10000
Formats we donít take:
1) Donít send us any files youíve saved in a word processor. Word processors
put all kinds of formatting information in files that we canít read. You
need to send us straight text files.
2) Donít send us any files created by a spreadsheet like Microsoft
Excel or Lotus 123. Normally, you can save these in "Comma Separated
Value", "Comma Delimited", or "CSV" formats. Go into Excel, select
"File", then "Save As", and instruct Excel to save the file in one
of the above formats. The result is a text file we can use.
You can send your mailing list to us the following
1) Put your list on a 3-1/2" floppy disk and send it to us. Make sure
itís protected so that it doesnít get mangled in the mail, and write on
the package: Magnetic mediaódo not X-ray. Be aware, though, that the
Post Office handles envelopes with automated equipment that, regardless
of your packaging, can mangle disks.
2) Email us your list. If you have email capability, you can send us an
email and attach your address list file to it. Our email address is: email@example.com
If all else fails, we can take your labels, with
the following qualifications:
1) We prefer one-up labels (these look like the label format above).
2) We can take two-up or three-up labels, but will only do so in quantities
less than 2500. Note that sending us labels instead of your list on diskette/email
significantly increases not only your mailing costs but your processing
costs as well because we may have to hand-label your newsletters.
If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 727-443-5263.
Back to Mailing Services >